Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm not allowed to say that

I should preface this little story by telling you that a while back Isabelle came home from school exclaiming "oh my lord" in front of I am hungry or I don't want to do that. Chad and I both had gotten on to her a few times telling her that we didn't think that it was very nice to say that. We offered oh my goodness as an alternative and she luckily dropped all variations of the phrase completely.
Isabelle starting practicing yesterday for her Christmas program at school. She sang her songs for me on the way home yesterday. She started with a song about there being no room at the inn and then moved on to a song about Jesus. She sang "There was a little baby," but then she stopped and said "Mom, I don't think I am allowed to say this." I told her is was OK and she continued "Oh, my Lord, there was a little baby, Oh my Lord." It was one of the cutest things. I couldn't help but laugh. I was also a little surprised that she had actually taken into account that we had told her not to use that phrase as she is at that stage where she doesn't always listen or do what we say.

No comments:

Post a Comment