Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trips



We have taken a few trips recently. On the 22nd we traveled to Frankfort to celebrate my husband's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. It was a great day. All of the family attended church together that morning. Chad's grandparents attend the church he grew up in. We got our kids all dressed up, the boys in suits and Isabelle is a "sparkly princess" dress. We wanted to to be dressed up for pictures. We weren't able to get a picture of all three together. During the church service Charlie started to get rather loud, so I decided that I needed to take him out of the sanctuary. As I was trying to exit, we went on a little trip. My foot got caught in the handle of the diaper bag and down we went. I was just a little embarrassed.




We visited with Chad's family again over Thanksgiving. Then Chad and I decided to go out shopping on Friday morning. We headed out for Toys_R_Us which opened at midnight. It was crazy. It took us almost 30 minutes just to get into the parking lot. When we got out of the car and close to the store we saw many people and some were yelling and shoving so we decided it wasn't for us. As we left we looked back at the line to go into the store which covered almost the whole perimeter of the Value_City Store next door. We did make it to a few other places at 5:00 am and were able to get the stuff we wanted. We returned to Toys_R_Us at about 8:00 and got all the stuff we wanted there as well. I think next year we will think twice before heading out on Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment