Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July and my Baby Boy is 6 months old



We had a great fourth of July weekend.  We spent the day Friday having a cook out at my mom's house.  She has put a pool in her backyard and got all sorts of things for the kids to play with in the pool.  There were two problems though.  One, it was really cool and the water was freezing and two, Charlie is scared of the water.  Charlie didn't go anywhere near the pool, but had a great time playing in a little baby pool that my mom filled with sand.  He was a mess. Isabelle enjoyed the sand as well, but was determined to go swimming.  She and my mom got into the frigid water. She assured me the whole time that she was not cold as her lips were turning blue and her teeth were chattering.  Chad got in for a second.  I do not like cold water at all so I watched from the side.  We spent the rest of the weekend with Chad's family.  They set off some fireworks Saturday night.  Charlie and I watched from indoors as he was a little scared of that too.  He enjoyed them from inside though and kept asking if I heard the booms.  Overall, it was a great weekend.  It makes life a little more hectic being away from home on the weekend because that is usually our time to catch up on things neglected over the week, but it wasn't so bad sleeping in a room with an air conditioner. (air conditioner should be fixed on Friday)



this picture is about a month old, but it is one of my favorite, and I haven't had time to upload more recent pictures.

On to the baby boy - He went in for his six month well visit today.  He is a big boy.  He was 27" and 17lbs. 12 oz.  This may not seem too big to many, but my 2 1/2 year old only weighs about 22lbs.  Henry also cut his first tooth over the weekend.  I relinquished my parental duties to my husband for this checkup.  Of course I had a list of questions/concerns written out, but second hand information just doesn't compare to being there.  He has been a little fussy this evening, but is still flashing his great smile and giggling.  All seems well.

No comments:

Post a Comment