Friday, July 17, 2009

Forgotten Birthday

OK, so I am new to this whole preschool mommy thing. At the beginning of the month we are sent home a newsletter which has the menu, news about all of the classes and oh yeah, a list of teachers who will be celebrating their birthdays for the month. I do remember glancing at it and making a mental note (that obviously got lost in my jumbled mind) that Ms. Shellie's birthday was in July. I didn't really think much about it past that until today when Chad called and asked if I knew it was Ms. Shellie's birthday. "Um, no not really, well maybe I did read that in the newsletter a few weeks ago" I stammered. Chad reported that all of the other kids in Ms. Shellie's class were coming in this morning with a card or gift for her. Isabelle was empty handed. I am hoping to get a chance during lunch today to run out and get a card and maybe a little gift for Ms. Shellie. I am hoping Isabelle will be still be excited to be able to give her something this afternoon when I get there. Looks like the lesson learned today is to pay more attention to the newsletter when it is sent home and realize that mental notes aren't too reliable. Things such as this need to be added to the calendar and set with a reminder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment