Monday, August 31, 2009

Busy morning

Last night I got the kids clothes ready for this morning. I didn't check the weather though. I picked out a pair of shorts and short sleeve or sleeveless shirt for each. This morning Chad mentioned that he thought they were going to be cold as it wasn't suppossed to get over 70 until around 4:00. So then the madness began. I knew I had recently bought Isabelle one pair of jeans on sale a while back so I immediately went to get those. They were pretty big on her. So then we went through her jeans from last year. They were all too small - way too short. We ended up putting her back in the new ones, but she was complaining the whole way to school they were too big. On the drive in to work i remembered that she had some capri-pants that would have worked perfectly. Will definitely have those ready for tomorrow.

Went through the same thing with Charlie. He is a really tough one when it comes to wearing pants. The boy is small, really small. He has been wearing 12 month shorts this summer and everything has been great. They fit him in the waist and we don't have to worry about length. With pants though, the 12 month pants are a little too short. He is wearing them today and they don't look too bad, but I think we need to get a bigger size for length. I worry though that they won't stay up around his waist. The elasticized waist bands are great, but for the most part they don't start doing those until the 2T sizes. I have found a few alternatives but they are rather expensive. Do you have any suggestions???

Speaking of size, Henry is really closing the gap on Charlie. He is wearing mostly 6-9 months still, but the 12 month clothes are probably a little better fit. I think he will definitely be in 12 months for the winter. Charlie may still be there too. Charlie's clothes from his first winter were 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes. We are just going to bypass that whole bin. I guess it will be nice if they are wearing the same size so that they can share. They are already wearing the same size diaper. Actually I have contemplated moving them up a size, not for Charlie, but for Henry as he wakes up wet lots of mornings. I just got some huggies overnights over the weekend so hopefully that will do the trick. With the larger diapers, you still pay the same amount of money, but get less diapers. Hopefully we will be able to make it a little while longer in the threes and my bigger hope is that we will have Charlie out of diapers before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment