Monday, August 10, 2009

A few things from the weekend..lessons learned

Friday afternoon I am working seeing patients and having a good day when I received a call from the preschool. "Isabelle has stuck a sticker up her nose that we can't get out. We think you need take her to the pediatrician." My internal response was, she did what??? and then, how am I going to be able to get her. I actually replied with, "OK, can I get back with you to let you know when either my husband or I can be there to get her." So I hung up the phone, spoke with one of the other doctors and decided that I would get her and bring her back to the office to try to remove the sticker. When I get there to pick her up, she is happy-go-lucky ready books in the office. Again my response is what??? I expect her to be at least a little upset by what has occurred, maybe say that she was sorry, but that wasn't the case. I think I talked until my face turned blue on the way to the office. I am not sure if I made any difference, but she did tell me she was sorry. Once we got to the office, we didn't find a sticker in her nose. I checked her vision since she was here and we went on our way. I am hoping that a lesson was learned, but I am not so sure that it was.

Yesterday the two big kids were having some yogurt at the table. They like trix yogurt which is usually bright blue and pink. I heard them talking about being invisible, but didn't make much of it. When I went in the kitchen to check on them though, they were both covered in yogurt. Charlie had painted half of his face and hair blue. I think he truly thought that it was making him invisible though because Isabelle said so. He had no idea that he had done anything wrong. Some harsh words later I think he caught on to the idea. Isabelle thought that she was not in trouble as she didn't have as much yogurt on her face, but some more harsh words later and she caught on as well. So hopefully they will have learned their lesson and not paint themselves with yogurt. I have learned my lesson and now know, next time grab the camera for the blog and then proceed with harsh words.

No comments:

Post a Comment